Sunday, June 29, 2008
A HIKING WE WILL GO
On Saturday we went for a hike. I had told Rick a while ago that I thought it would be fun to do some hiking as a family, but I am such a slacker I never follow through and make things happen. But, he found this awesome waterfall in Provo Canyon for our first hiking destination. It is called Stewart Falls. We started our hike just above Aspen Grove. It is two miles to the falls. It was a fairly easy hike. The kids thought it was hard at first, but once we got to the falls, it was worth the effort. We were feeling kind of hot and sweaty, but it was cool and misty by the falls. We could have even walked right under the water, but chose not to because we would have gotten pretty wet. We did cross the stream on some logs (Daniel just waded right through). It was such a beautiful place. We had only taken some trail mix and some apples, but it would have been fun to take a picnic and stay a little longer at the falls. We had to hike back out the same way we went in. Unfortunately, the first part of the trail going back was the hardest (for me, probably because it was a little steep, and I had given my muscles just enough of a rest to not want to cooperate anymore). Some people at the falls were hiking down another trail away from the falls and said that it came out at the Sundance Lodge. I would like to try starting at Aspen Grove and ending up at the lodge next time. Let us know if you want to go! We were pretty hot and sweaty and dirty when we got home. And, after sitting around for a while, we were getting a little stiff, so we went to the PG pool to cool off and stretch our tired muscles a bit. THANKS Rick for being such a wonderful hubbie and making my wishes come true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment