okay . . . okay. . . so I have not posted in a while, but i think that as you get older, time speeds up. I remember when I was a kid and sometimes summer days seemed long. But now, they zip by so fast. It is 4 pm before I even blink my eyes . . . and no, I am not sleeping in that long. Actually, I have been getting up fairly early (for me). Dan started out the summer working at the pool cleaning up and getting it ready to open each day so he had to be there by 7 am. He was being so responsible and really liking going to work. So I decided that since I had to get him there, I would jump in and join the 7 am water aerobics. Well, that only happened a couple of times before they figured out that Dan was only 13 and they cannot pay him until he is 14. So with 2 weeks of work behind him, he now gets to sleep in until his birthday and then they will put him back to work. But, my excuse for getting to aerobics is now sleeping in. HMMMM. I think I will still try to motivate myself to go, it will just be a little harder.
Since we don't have any big vacation plans for the summer (who can afford the gas), we decided to take off and go to the Manti pageant on Tuesday night. It was a lot of fun. Erin came with us:] but Clay had to go to school :[ We got home at 1:00 am.
I am going to try to get Alyssa's room painted within the next week. When we switched rooms all around, she took Dan's old room and it is blue with planets. We are going to paint it tan so that she can decorate with lots of colors (sort of a jungle theme). But, between chasing the kids around to swim lessons and to the pool to swim for fun, and to friends houses, it is hard to find a lot of time. The only advantage to all the time at the pool is that I have read a lot of books. I have now finished all 3 of the Twilight books, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIHM (my favorite book from 5th grade), and the first book in the Great and Terrible series (highly recommended by my DAD).
I like the Twilight series of books, but it is really bugging me that she is choosing the vampire and having to give up EVERYTHING that she loves. Isn't that a red flag that even though something seems so wonderful, it has to be bad if it makes you give up all the good things in your life. I think it is well written, but I am just struggling with it a little. I know, I know, I am weird and I should just want the two main characters to fall in love and live happily ever after, but there won't be happily ever after if you have to give up everything good to get it.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh its good to hear from you!! We went to the pool today and B dawg loves the water! He slept most of it so i didn't bother to call kailey (which i said i would). hope she isn't too mad. well hopefully we see you soon at the pool now its warmim up. good luck with the painting and see you soon!
Post a Comment