Sunday, April 19, 2009

We are back from our trip to Nauvoo. We were gone 9 days. We had a few really long days in the van, but everyone stayed healthy and the only car trouble we had was no heat as we made our way through a huge snowstorm on our way into Denver on Friday night. We had to turn the defroster up full blast and it only would blow cold air, but we made it. We thought we might have to stay in Denver one more night because I-70 was closed, but Rick thought we could make it through Cheyenne. Luckily we followed our GPS directions and went through Fort Collins, which was lucky, because we would have been stuck in Cheyenne because they had closed I-80 between Cheyenne and laramie. We were truly blessed throughout the entire trip. We had a really great time. I know that I would have made a really terrible pioneer. I am not sure I would have been able to endure their many hardships as they crossed the plains, and gave up all their worldy cares to follow the prophet. We had such a great time. I will try to post some pictures later. I am really glad to be back in Utah. I really love the mountains, and the fact that there are so many temples and LDS chapels around. I think it was Elder Anderson at conference who said you are never lost if you can see the temple.

No comments: