Friday, February 15, 2008

WHEW!

Alyssa's 5th grade class was scheduled to leave for Clear Creek on Thursday morning. As we were getting ready to head out the door for school, the phone rang. Because of high winds and bad weather, the highway patrol had closed the road to Clear Creek. So instead of a taking a very excited girl to school, I took a heart-broken one. All the kids were going to hang out at school and play games and watch movies and make the best of the situation. Luckily, by about 10:15 am the roads were cleared and the trip was back on! WHEW! So my baby went off for the night. She came home Friday afternoon after having had an incredibly wonderful time, but feeling totally exhausted.
Lindsay was not thrilled that her sister was gone overnight, let alone on Valentine's Day, but we were able to get all our treats delivered without too much trouble (but we did miss Alyssa).

I feel like this blog is basically "the big adventures of Alyssa and Lindsay" It seems like they are the only ones with anything worthy of being posted. But, just so you know, Daniel does live here and is quite busy doing whatever it is that he does. (Actually tonight he went to the jr. high dance at the rec. center with some friends -- oooooh). And to prove that we do nothing that is blog-worthy, Rick and I just spent the last 90 minutes of our Friday night watching the moving Singles 2nd Ward. Rick laughed so hard through the whole thing, and I am still trying to figure out what was sooo funny (and I'm the one who actually attended a singles ward). hmmmm.

No comments: